POSTED AS A COMMUNITY SERVICE BY GADABOUT-BLOGALOT
THE INFORMATION BELOW WAS RECEIVED FROM:
The Board of County Commissioners will hold a study session on the Home Business Concept Decision Point on Tuesday June 21. We will discuss the Public Input Process and the code drafting progress. We will present the report and the Home Based Business (HB) conceptual recommendations derived from public meetings over the last five weeks and discuss the next steps. There are some basic concepts that seem to have general acceptance like: · No-impact and low-impact categories to simplify licensing with minimal (or possibly no) licensing fees and procedures · Expanding permitted home-based business activities in appropriate areas as long as the residential character is preserved · Using clear criteria to determine categories based on standards. · Agriculture is a separate issue.
1. BCC Study Session on Concepts: From our meetings and input, we feel the overall concepts have general acceptance. We will ask the commissioners to direct staff expand the HB concepts into draft code. This will be a completely non-binding decision. We will continue to take input about the basic concepts.
2. Draft Code: Staff will create a draft code which with have details, thresholds and process descriptions. This will provide the basis for the next round of public comment. Since the BCC decision will be non-binding, basic concepts and any details can to be altered as appropriate.
3. Final Draft: A final draft will be merged from all of the topics. This will presented for formal hearings and adoption.
Please take a look at the enclosed material that we will be presenting to the BCC and send us any questions or comments.
SEE LINKS BELOW FOR MATERIAL:
- Repost: Santa Fe County Sustainable Land Development Code Process (gadabout-blogalot.com)
- Sustainable Land Use Public Process To Begin May 18th (gadabout-blogalot.com)
- Santa Fe County Commission Meeting Summary (April 26, 2011) (gadabout-blogalot.com)
- Santa Fe County Seeks Road Advisory Committee Members (gadabout-blogalot.com)
- Home business: an alternative way of earning livings (greenzblog.com)
- Working From Home (bobbyt1960.wordpress.com)
- Petition kills home-based business plan (cbc.ca)