The supposed ‘consensus’ on man-made global warming is facing an inconvenient challenge after the release of new temperature data showing the planet has not warmed for the past 15 years.
The figures suggest that we could even be heading for a mini ice age to rival the 70-year temperature drop that saw frost fairs held on the Thames in the 17th Century.
Based on readings from more than 30,000 measuring stations, the data was issued last week without fanfare by the Met Office and the University of East Anglia Climatic Research Unit. It confirms that the rising trend in world temperatures ended in 1997.
Heck, there’s more to this story than I care to go over, because the warmists will probably see a racist in the revelation. But here is another paragraph or two and then you can follow the rest of the story on the Mail Online:
Meanwhile, leading climate scientists yesterday told The Mail on Sunday that, after emitting unusually high levels of energy throughout the 20th Century, the sun is now heading towards a ‘grand minimum’ in its output, threatening cold summers, bitter winters and a shortening of the season available for growing food.
Solar output goes through 11-year cycles, with high numbers of sunspots seen at their peak.
We are now at what should be the peak of what scientists call ‘Cycle 24’ – which is why last week’s solar storm resulted in sightings of the aurora borealis further south than usual. But sunspot numbers are running at less than half those seen during cycle peaks in the 20th Century.
Analysis by experts at NASA and the University of Arizona – derived from magnetic-field measurements 120,000 miles beneath the sun’s surface – suggest that Cycle 25, whose peak is due in 2022, will be a great deal weaker still.
- 15 years of global cooling and counting (trutherator.wordpress.com)
- Forget global warming – it’s Cycle 25 we need to worry about (and if NASA scientists are right the Thames will be freezing over again) Met Office releases new figures which show no warming in 15 years (tarpon.wordpress.com)
- Cycle 25 (davidscommonplacebook.wordpress.com)
- Forget global warming – it’s Cycle 25 we need to worry about… (junkscience.com)
- SCIENCE: Forget global warming – it’s Cycle 25 we need to worry about (and if NASA scientists are r… (pjmedia.com)
- New Figures Show No Global Warming For Last 15 Years (treeofmamre.wordpress.com)
- Scientists Predict Coming Ice Age!! (weeklyworldnews.com)
- January 30, 2012 (anotherslownewsday.wordpress.com)