March for Protection of Constitutional Rights and Religious Freedom Highlights
Please circulate to family, friends and colleagues. Encourage them to visit www.tvacnm.com and subscribe to receive personal e-mail alerts about NM and federal legislation/developments impacting life, marriage and families in time to make a difference!
In response to the recent Health & Human Services mandate requiring religious organizations to provide insurance coverage of contraception (including abortion-inducing prescriptions and sterilization), last Saturday, 3/2, the nation’s first march and rally for religious liberty took place in Las Cruces.
- 500 marchers participated, including Catholics, Evangelicals, Protestants and other religious affiliations
- Speakers included priests/pastors, medical professionals and elected officials
- Religious leaders addressed the steady assault on religious liberty, emphasizing the need for all faiths to work together to protect the religious liberties we are guaranteed under the constitution.
- Healthcare professionals discussed the products and services they may be required to offer. Many may be forced to leave their profession if they are unable to follow their consciences/religious beliefs to protect life.
- Elected officials encouraged citizens to know their constitutional rights. If these rights are not defended, they were acquainted with the consequences.
Special thanks to Congressman Steve Pearce for his participation and for providing copies of the US Constitution to rally participants. Many thanks to all who took time from their busy schedules to protect religious freedom and life!
On Friday, March 23rd, a number of marches/rallies to defend religious liberty will occur in many cities throughout the US. We are honored that the 1st march/rally took place in New Mexico!
Mark your calenders! On March 23rd another March/Rally for the Protection of Constitutional Rights and Religious Freedom will take place in Albuquerque. It will begin at noon at the Federal Courthouse. Watch for upcoming TVAC alerts to provide details.
So we may continue to provide NM and national developments in the defense of life, marriage and religious liberty, please consider donating to TVAC-NM today at: www.tvacnm.com.
- Stand Up For Religious Freedom on March 23 Nationwide Rally (allenwestrepublic.wordpress.com)
- Fr. Peter-Michael Preble: Congressman Darrell Issa (R-CA) on Religious Freedom (palamas.info)
- Catholic Bishops Continue Protesting HHS Mandates (volokh.com)
- Cardinal Dolan Upset with White House (gloucestercitynews.net)
- Cardinal Dolan indicates possible legal actions; rebuffs “cave-in” Catholics (insightscoop.typepad.com)
- Letter of Cardinal Dolan, president of the USCCB, to his brother bishops regarding the HHS Mandate: “you now ask the obvious question, “What’s next?” (deaconforlife.blogspot.com)
- True Religious Freedom Means No Government Involvement (secularnewsdaily.com)