We just received this flier. Hopefully, it isn’t too late to take advantage of.
July 20, 2012
Working for you…
Town of Edgewood
If you are a chamber member, you can leave your business cards, rack cards and flyers at the Visitors center inside the South door to the Library. Be sure to get your information over here. It’s part of your benefit as an Edgewood Chamber member!
Stop by the office to see Madeline if you have any questions , or call my cell 850-2523.
Ã’Â© 2012 Edgewood Chamber of Commerce – All rights reserved
PO Box 457 Edgewood NM 8701
PO Box 457, Edgewood, NM 87015, USA
|To unsubscribe or change subscriber options visit:
The Libre Initiative is all about taking initiative and accomplishing goals and objectives through initiatives of individuals and groups. If you are a youth between 18 and 26 years of age, why not take the initiative to win an iPad 3. All information below:
Live LIBRE Youth Video Contest
AN EXPLANATION AND GUIDE
Name: Live LIBRE Youth video contest
Campaign Launch Date: July 16, 2012
Entries accepted: Monday, July 16, 2012 – Thursday, August 16, 2012
Videos go public: Monday, August 20, 2012 – Monday, September 3, 2012
Winners announced: Wednesday, September 12, 2012
How does economic freedom benefit the Hispanic community in the United States? We want to hear from you!
Latinos open businesses at three times the national average and have the greatest purchasing power of any US ethnic group, yet we fail to realize the impact that economic freedom has in generating prosperity in our nation.
The LIBRE Initiative is searching coast to coast for the video that best illustrates the benefits of economic freedom. Here is your opportunity to share your views for a chance to win an iPad3!
But first, what is Economic Freedom?
Economic Freedom is the ability for each individual to profit from their own ideas and work, produce, consume, own, trade, and invest according to their own choices.In a free market system, opportunities aren’t limited by who you are or where your family comes from – you’re only limited by your imagination! Economic freedom empowers families to decide what is best for them, instead of having government bureaucrats control their lives.
Contest Guidelines and Rules Highlights:
- All entrants must accept and comply with the Rules. Any discrepancy between the Rules and these Guidelines will be resolved in favor of the Rules.
- The video must answer the prompt.
- All applicants must be between the ages of 18-26.
- Only one video submission per applicant is allowed.
- ALL ENTRIES MUST BE YOUR OWN ORIGINAL WORK AND CANNOT CONTAIN ANY COPYRIGHTED OR PREVIOUSLY PUBLISHED MATERIALS. By submitting your video, you are promising that you own all rights to all material in your video, including the music, images, script, and rights to include all persons, places or organizations included or depicted. We require that all persons appearing, even briefly, in the video have signed a release similar to the one that appears here.
- Group videos are permitted – but only one iPad3 per winning video will be awarded.
- Videos may be in English, Spanish, or a combination of both.
- The video must be between 30 seconds and 3:00 minutes. Any video that is shorter or longer will not be considered.
- Do not endorse/denounce any particular candidate or party.
- Videos containing inappropriate material such as vulgarity or foul language will not be considered.
- Be creative and consider using mediums like music, poetry, or spoken word.
- Relatives of employees, contractors and officials of the LIBRE Initiative are not eligible to participate in this contest.
- The LIBRE Initiative is not responsible for errors of any kind, technical hardware or software failures of any kind, including any injury or damage to any person’s computer, related to or resulting from participating in or experiencing any materials in connection with the contest, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission that may limit your ability to participate in the contest.
- The LIBRE Initiative reserves the right to cancel or modify the contest if fraud, misconduct or technical failures harm the integrity of the program; or if a computer virus, bug, or other technical problem corrupts the administration or security of the program as determined by the LIBRE Initiative, in its sole discretion.
Technical stuff before you submit your video:
- YouTube/Google Account
In order to upload your video, you must have a valid YouTube account. Click here to create a YouTube account.
- We can’t hear you!
The point is to let your voice be heard. If no one can hear it, no one will watch it. Make sure to shoot in quiet environments and project your voice.
- Do not shoot against a light source.
Make sure light is on your face and not behind it — i.e. don’t sit in front of a bright window or with the sun behind you.
- Title and tag your video
Use the title “Live Libre” and include your name and location – ex: “Live Libre: Tom and Jerry in Colorado.” Use tags to describe your video so that other people can find it; ex: “Live LIBRE Colorado.”
- Please don’t use our logoin your video.
Uploading your video to YouTube:
1. Upload your video to YouTube and set the publish settings as “unlisted” so that only those with the link may view it.Do not make the video public until August 20, 2012 at 12:00 am.
2. Email the video URL to email@example.com with the subject line, “Live LIBRE Contest Submission.” In the body of the e-mail please give us a little bit of information about yourself including your name, city and state, and any other details you feel are pertinent. Important: you MUST attach a release from each person who appears in the video.
3. Once your email is received, you will receive an email confirming your submission.
There will be two winning videos. One winner will be determined by the most views between August 20, 2012 and September 3, 2012. The second winner will be determined by a panel of judges and based on creativity, production quality, and content. All decisions are within the discretion of the LIBRE Initiative judges and all decisions are final. Winners will be announced Wednesday, September 12, 2012.
By submitting your video to the LiveLIBRE Video Contest:
You agree to all rules of this contest, (Please READ the rules here )
you are giving your video to The LIBRE Initiative,and
you understand that your video may be edited, changed, copied, exhibited, published, or distributed without any additional compensation, and you waive the right to inspect or approve the finished product. There is no time limit on the validity of this release nor is there any geographic limitation
This comes from Mark Huppertz:
I edited this graph adding Al Gore’s ridiculous “hockey stick” graph information. It’s good information for the informed.
- New Study Thoroughly Debunks Global Warming, Will Media Notice? (newsbusters.org)
- Stoffa: Global warming fears need to start cooling off (junkscience.com)
- Lovelock says oops on Global Warming (green-trust.org)
- What If We Were Right (eschatonblog.com)
- David Whitehouse: Smaller 20th Century Warming: Hotter Medieval Warm Period (junkscience.com)
- It’s Official: Global Warming is Heating Mars (and we didn’t do it) (conservativeactionalerts.com)
- Global Warming Update (blogs4victory.wordpress.com)