By Chuck Ring (GadaboutBlogalot ©2009 -2011
Quote Freely From The Article – Leave The Pseudonym Alone
It appears you cannot, as a “sizable” group, use a residence to study the Bible in San Juan Capistrano, California. At least it is reported that way by CBS, Los Angeles:
MISSION VIEJO (CBS) — An Orange County couple has been ordered to stop holding a Bible study in their home on the grounds that the meeting violates a city ordinance as a “church” and not as a private gathering.
Homeowners Chuck and Stephanie Fromm, of San Juan Capistrano, were fined $300 earlier this month for holding what city officials called “a regular gathering of more than three people”.
That type of meeting would require a conditional use permit as defined by the city, according to Pacific Justice Institute (PJI), the couple’s legal representation.
The Fromms also reportedly face subsequent fines of $500 per meeting for any further “religious gatherings” in their home, according to PJI.
Here’s a short video clip which addresses the issue in a brief way:
There’s more to read from the story if you click right here. Please look for related article below.
- -California City Fines Home Bible Study (answersforthefaith.com)
- Worth Reading: City demands Christians get permit for Bible study (gloucestercitynews.net)
- No Bible Study ??? (2012patriot.wordpress.com)
- Did You Know that In Some Parts of the World you Can Be Fined for Hosting a Bible Study? (zwingliusredivivus.wordpress.com)
- Hateful Leftists Demand Christians Get Permit For Bible Study In Private Home (thedaleygator.wordpress.com)
- Criminal Bed Sheets and Bible Studies (dakotavoice.com)