‘The Grandfather: The Autumn of Patriarch Harry Reid”
Another man might have assumed, correctly, that launching a campaign of insult and insinuation against two billionaires would result in renewed attention to his own finances. Not Harry Reid. The Senate Democratic leader since 2005, and the Senate majority leader since 2007, is not one to reflect before speaking. His mouth runs far ahead of his brain.
In recent years Reid has declared an American war “lost” while our troops still fought overseas; praised President Obama for his “light” skin and “no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one”; asserted falsely and without evidence that Mitt Romney had not paid any taxes for a decade; and said “Why would we want to do that?” when asked if he would fund cancer research during the government shutdown.
Now, with his majority in danger, his president unpopular, his floor agendaobstructed by members of his own caucus, Reid thrashes about uncontrollably. He calls Obamacare horror stories “untrue.” He says Obamacare numbers are not as high as projected because Americans “are not educated on how to use the Internet.” His Senate Majority PAC launches a $3 million ad campaign tying Republican candidates to two men most Americans have never heard of, two men who, funnily enough, are more popular than Reid.
From the floor of the Senate Reid says these two men, Charles and David Koch, are “un-American,” are trying “to buy America.” Without the terrible specter of the Koch brothers Harry Reid would be disarmed. He has no issue for his Democratic Senators to run on; the minimum wage and climate change are not enough. Nor has he another means of inspiring donors to open their checkbooks. He only has fear, fear of the Kochs, fear of extractive industry, fear of the portion of the elite that favors economic freedom. The Koch brothers, Reid says, “rig the system to benefit themselves.” He should know.
Whole thing here.
- Papa Reid “Redistributes” the Wealth to His Family: Matthew Continetti
- Harry Reid; Not Just A Disgrace To The Senate, But A Disgrace To All Decent Americans
- Harry Reid is Either Mentally Ill or a Lying Liar
- Harry Reid Denies Calling Americans “Liars;” Forgets He Was Caught On Video
- Harry Reid: People Aren’t Signing Up For Obamacare Because They Don’t Know How To Use The Internet
- Harry Reid: A History Of Infamy
- Harry Reid gets testy as more campaign payments to granddaughter revealed, total rises to $31,000
- MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough: Harry Reid Has ‘Lost His Political Mind’