POSTED AS A COMMUNITY SERVICE BY GADABOUT-BLOGALOT
This event is sponsored by the Edgewood Chamber Of Commerce. Please find instructions and a nomination form for your nominee/nominees. You can copy and paste the instructions and nomination form.
2012 Annual COW Awards
for all 2010/2011 Volunteers
Community On the Way
Edgewood, New Mexico
(Eligible applicants will have performed community service in the 2010/2011 calendar year.)
The COW Awards (Community On the Way) recognizes the dedication and hard work of our exceptional community service volunteers. The East Mountains is a great place to live, work and visit thanks to perseverance and community spirit.
A committee within the community from different walks of life will read all the nominations and select the most noteworthy community service volunteer within each of the 5 categories. Selecting the top winners is never easy. Please provide as much detail as possible to help us in the selection process.
The banquet will celebrate all the nominees and honor the final winners with an award on:
Friday, February 3, 2012 at 6:30PM at the Edgewood Middle School Cafeteria.
Everyone should bring their specialty dish for the worlds best potluck dinner.
We will have a special MC and live entertainment.
Please be certain that you include the address and e-mail address for both you and your nominee(s) to ensure everyone receives an invitation.
- Nominee(s) must have contributed to the East Mountains during the 2010/2011 year.
- Nominee(s) will be considered based on how they contributed to the betterment of the East Mountains.
- Nominee(s) must have participated as a volunteer for the community with little or no income received for services.
- There is no age limit to the factor of volunteerism.
- Nominee(s) may be a youth, an adult, or a group or organization from each of the 5 categories.
- All nominations must be received no later than 5:00pm on Friday, January 13, 2012.
Forms should be mailed to following address:
Edgewood Chamber of Commerce
PO Box 457
Edgewood, NM 87015
Forms may also be delivered to the following address Monday through Friday, 9:00am to 3:00pm
Edgewood Chamber of Commerce (In the library building)
95 Highway 344
Edgewood, NM 87015
E-mail forms to email@example.com. Forms available at www.edgewoodchambernm.com
- For more information please contact Renee at 506-4900 or Robin at 259-4824.
Volunteerism is the willingness to work on the behalf of the others without the expectation of pay or other tangible gain.
Volunteers make a difference by contributing their time, energy and talents to the causes they hold dear.
olunteers make a difference!
COWAwards-2012 Nomination Form
(For community service during 2010/2011)
Only one nominee per Nomination form
Mailing address: Must include mailing address to be considered
E-mail Address: ________________________________________________________________________
2. Nominee is: Please only check one. Only one nominee per Nomination form.
_____Youth (under 21) _____Adult _____Organization or Group
3. Nominated for exceptional service as: Please only check one
(Must have received little or no income for service provided)
_____Education (schools, teaching areas of specialty, 4-H, scouting, etc.)
_____Environment/Conservation (water conservation/ landscaping/ cleanup, etc.)
_____Businesses (How they are involved and contribute to our schools, community, etc.)
4. Nominated by: _________________________________ Phone: __________________________________
Mailing address: _________________________________________________________________________
Must include mailing address to be considered
5. How did the Nominee positively contribute to the East Mountains? (Please, more than a couple of sentences and be as specific as possible.):
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________(Please attach additional page if necessary)