By Chuck Ring (GadaboutBlogalot ©2009 – 2010)
Quote Freely From The Article – Leave The Pseudonym Alone
When a senator suggests the FCC shut down two Cable Network companies, he can be recognized as someone who needs a diaper change. Such is the case with Senator Jay Rockefeller (D-WV) after he advocated for the shutdown of Fox and MSNBC. We can say that he is an equal opportunity eliminator and that he is perhaps ignorant of the constitutional aspects of free speech and ignorant of who and what the FCC regulates, as they do not regulate cable television.
FoxNews.com reports the Senator had a minor conniption fit during a Senate hearing and said the following in part:
“I’m tired of the right and the left,” West Virginia Sen. Jay Rockefeller said Wednesday during a Senate hearing on retransmission consent. “There’s a little bug inside of me which wants to get the FCC to say to Fox and to MSNBC, ‘Out. Off. End. Goodbye.’ ”
“It would be a big favor to political discourse; to our ability to do our work here in Congress; and to the American people, to be able to talk with each other and have some faith in their government and, more importantly, in their future,” said the chairman of the Senate Committee on Commerce , Science, and Transportation.
The following video is most telling because it captures the Senator’s cynical views andit seems to show one of his aide’s surprise, as she glances furtively to a location off-camera and to the Senator’s left. Here’s the video:
There’s more to read of the article if you click here and don’t forget to check the links found below.
Thanks and a flap of the cap to FoxNews.com
- Senator Jay Rockefeller Wishes FOX News and MSNBC Would Just Stop Existing (alan.com)
- Senator Rockefeller Wants FCC To ‘End’ Fox News, MSNBC (huffingtonpost.com)
- Jay Rockefeller: I Wish The FCC Would Take Fox And MSNBC Off The Air (outsidethebeltway.com)
- Sen. Rockefeller: One-Man Cable News Death Panel (michellemalkin.com)
- Sen. Rockefeller: Fox, MSNBC Should ‘Go Away’ (newser.com)
- Democratic Senator Wouldn’t Mind Seeing Fox News And MSNBC Shut Down (mediaite.com)