POSTED AS AN AREA SERVICE BY GADABOUT-BLOGALOT
Wednesday, June 29, 2011 Follow us on Facebook!
OVERVIEW: Consumers are reporting to the AG’s office and Red Cross New Mexico they are receiving automated “robo-calls” asking for financial contributions to benefit victims of the Los Alamos fire. Personal information is requested during the call.
PREVENTION: Red Cross New Mexico has confirmed they are NOT soliciting funds via robo-calls to benefit victims of the Los Alamos fire. Consumers who receive this type of fraudulent call should not share any private and personal information that is requested.
Scam calls and phone numbers related to these calls can be reported to the New Mexico Attorney General’s Office and Red Cross New Mexico.
Contact Red Cross New Mexico directly to find out how to give legitimate donations.
To UNSUBSCRIBE to this list, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deputy Director of Communications
Office of New Mexico Attorney General
Gary K. King
111 Lomas Blvd NW
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87102
505 222-9048 office
505 231-4731 cell
- New Mexico fire threatens Los Alamos nuclear site (boingboing.net)
- Los Alamos Nuclear Lab Threatened by Wildfire (fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com)
- Breaking News: Los Alamos evacuated as bush-fire spreads (birminghamurbannews.wordpress.com)
- New Mexico Fire Hits Los Alamos Lab (news.sciencemag.org)
- Las Conchas Fire in New Mexico grows to 60,000 acres (summitcountyvoice.com)