And for good reason. He is becoming a twin to VPOTUS Biden and has by osmosis, started to show how a loose-tongue can create problems for a president with problems aplenty already.
At Big Government he lets loose with some choice opinions and accusations that amount to a big fail. Given Democratic spokespeople seem to consistently blow their defense of Obama and his administration; one would think the gum flappers and punsters would shut their mouths and lock their lips, but they can’t accept they help the Republicans when the spew silliness. Take this, for instance:
David Axelrod, senior Obama 2012 strategist, awaits certain rebuke by President Barack Obama today after he violated the guidelines for civil dialogue laid down by the President in the wake of the Gabby Giffords shooting in January 2011 by referring to Republicans as terrorists.
Whether we are supposed to believe in the sincerity of POTUS when he utters the words found below, Axlerod certainly gives conservatives something to point to and scoff at. We should love the fact Axlerod and others like him, do our work for us:
At the ceremony for the victims and survivors in Tucson, President Obama made a new commitment to the nation (emphasis added):
But at a time when our discourse has become so sharply polarized — at a time when we are far too eager to lay the blame for all that ails the world at the feet of those who think differently than we do — it’s important for us to pause for a moment and make sure that we are talking with each other in a way that heals, not a way that wounds.
Axelrod explicitly violated that new presidential directive when he stated on CNN’s State of the Union this morning that Republicans were part of a “reign of terror”:
I think a lot of Republicans in Congress want to cooperate, know better, but they’re in the thralls of this reign of terror from the far right that has dragged the party to the right. In your own polling and other polling, you see the Republican Party has really moved out of the mainstream.
So, in the last paragraph, first sentence above, you see the lunge of the tongue for which democrats have now become infamous. Such stuff as that is both telling and rewarding … telling on democrats and rewarding to republicans. We leave you with the rest of the story and a 15 second video demonstrating Axlerod’s propensity to sock himself in the mouth:
Add the many other active scandals facing President Obama and his administration and his prospects for another term resemble a train wreck of gigantic proportions.
Keep it up, Axlerod … you’re doing great.
- Axelrod: Agents’ conduct `really disappointing’(kansascity.com)
- Axelrod Discusses GSA Spending, Obama(myfoxny.com)
- Axelrod: Immigration reform blocked by Tea Party ‘reign of terror’ in Congress (thehill.com)
- Axelrod: “the nature of Washington is not monolithic opposition to everything the chief executive wants to do as a political strategy” (cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com)
- Axelrod: Tea party ‘reign of terror’ blocked immigration reform (rawstory.com)
- Axelrod blames GOP for immigration stalemate (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- Obama adviser sees West Virginia as tough sell (kansascity.com)
- Axelrod Discusses GSA Spending, Obama (myfoxphoenix.com)
- So, you wanna talk about #failedrecord, David Axelrod? (twitchy.com)