I originally posted this last year after 9/11, but I believe it needs posting on 9/11 of this year. I hear fewer and fewer of our citizens mention the date or speak about the losses the world incurred on September 11, 2001. I have taken the liberty of editing the next paragraph which was the first paragraph last year.
I know we have honored and remembered those that died on 9/11 when and immediately after the deadly terrorist crashed into and onto United States property and soil, including the Twin Towers. the Pentagon and United Airlines Flight 93. And we have remembered the first-responders that saved lives, tended the remains of those lost to eternity and lost their lives. We must continue this year and forever. But while we cannot in good conscience forget for one second, the price paid by those on that particular day; we cannot forget payback is still occurring wherever and when our military members sacrifice their lives and well-being fighting those who would destroy us.
Whenever I see or hear a tribute to all the above mentioned, I have to pause and reflect on their sacrifices then — and their sacrifices now and forever. I hope you will never grow tired of quiet reflection and serious promises to do your part to make sure what happened on 9/11 will be forever remembered.
Below you will find two presentations that remind us what we must and must not do in the aftermath of September 11, 2001 and each has links to other videos posted in remembrance of that horrible day:
In addition to the Related articles I posted last year, I have posted three more this year which will be recognized by the image next to their link.
- In memoriam – September 11, 2001 (bobzeller.wordpress.com)
- Health risks of 9/11 downplayed; Responders continue to suffer consequences of government agencies’ mistakes (publichealthperspectives.wordpress.com)
- Preparing for 9/11 (thoughtfulbeliever.wordpress.com)
- Ground Zero: September 11, 2001- September 11, 2011 (availableworld.wordpress.com)
- Where Were You On September 11th, 2001?
- Song for September
- Photos: America prepares to remember 9/119/11