As a retired police Captain and a current member of my town’s governing body (council member) the story found below holds particular interest for me.
Aside from teacher’s union members in Chicago acting like spoiled brats, if the linked article below is true, the police union in Costa Mesa, California has members and/or a law firm that are close to, if not already, acting like the thugs they are supposed to protect against. I just hope the police officers have nothing to do with any of the improper actions.
- Costa Mesa councilman says unions behind DUI check
- Venezia: Time to let investigators do work in Righeimer matter
- Righeimer accuser linked to union law firm
- Steven Greenhut: Police unions bully, cross lines
- Costa Mesa Resident, Neighbors Nab Man Suspected Of Burglarizing Home
- OC councilmen claim harassment by law firm that represents police unions
- OC Police Union Claims