We (Conservatives and Republicans) have decried the lack of young men and women in the conservative movement. We have (the Republican Party and Conservatives in general) lost track of where we are in the political “scheme of things,” and we have paid for it dearly. Some of our best New Mexico candidates lost during this last go-round and if we don’t get to a point where we can listen and truly observe events around us defeat will follow us around at every election..
The New Mexico Republican Convention did elect some young delegates to our convention this year and they were for the most part, spirited Ron Paul supporters. Reports I have read about how these young people were treated by some in the Republican Party hierarchy once they arrived in Tampa does not speak well for their belief in the process of democracy; nor does it bode well for the future of our Republic.
After the convention, and during the final campaign process, I was fortunate enough to work with young gentlemen and gentlewomen who stood up for conservative principles as they put in countless hours to convince folks to consider the “right,” side of the political equation.
Whenever possible, Bob Steiner and I attend a weekly conflab (Conspiracy Brews) where politics and political parties of all degrees are discussed. This past Saturday we were privileged to hear two Ron Paul advocates who are continuing their fight to get the conservative movement on track with reality. Both gentlemen are running for office in the Republican Party of New Mexico. We wish both of them success with their run and trust that, win or lose, they will keep involved for the future.
We have posted a video of one of the young men’s presentation before Conspiracy Brews just below:
Here are two additional links to Mr. Riali’s facebook pages:
- Ron Paul: “Why I Don’t Run As An Independent” (sgtreport.com)
- US election 2012: It’s time for a big Republican Party clear-out (telegraph.co.uk)
- Ron Paul’s farewell address: Right up there with George’s – Washington, not Bush (nj.com)
- The Ron Paul Religion (patheos.com)
- Will Republicans learn? (hollyonthehill.com)
- Yes, American Politics Is Racial – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)
- The Republican Leadership Deserves Only Contempt (gratiaetnatura.wordpress.com)