This last Saturday, June 29th, 2013 with Roger Holden as the project leader, the abandoned Midway Trading Post on Old 66, including the surrounding land was transformed from an eyesore to a vision of what can be as the Route 66 Revitalization project continues.
Over 60 volunteers, including Moriarty-Edgewood school athletes and cheerleaders helped with the transformation.
The video link just below will show the result of this work thus far. Great work volunteers!
- The Charming, Forgotten Remains of Route 66 (theatlanticcities.com)
- Day 9 – Elk City to Tucumcari (2013route66.wordpress.com)
- Route 66: Day 2-Williams to Gallup (lesstraveledroadsgw.wordpress.com)
- A History of the American Route Marker and Route 66 (roadtrafficsigns.com)
- Williams Route 66. Arizona (fionasamericanroadtrip.wordpress.com)
- Day 8 – Chandler to Elk City (2013route66.wordpress.com)