Could it be the man who ran for vice president in the last go-round for the position is really clueless as to how wrong his and Murray’s maladjustment to our veterans pensions really are.
Sure it can … really be, that is, and below is the proof. Not only is it true, but their erroneous and unfeeling results are arrived at some sort inter-galactic math — out of this world altogether. read for yourself:
by Matthew Boyle 22 Dec 2013
House Budget Committee chairman Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) has doubled down on his move to cut pensions for military veterans in a USA Today op-ed published Sunday.
In the op-ed, Ryan opens up by highlighting the CBO estimate that the deal he cut with Senate Budget Committee chairwoman Sen. Patty Murray (D-WA) would result in at least $20 billion in deficit reduction. “The Bipartisan Budget Act that Sen. Patty Murray, D-Wash., and I drafted will soon become law,” Ryan wrote. “We think it’s a small step toward fiscal discipline in Washington. The non-partisan Congressional Budget Office estimates the bill will reduce the deficit over the next ten years by over $20 billion. And unlike current law, it will provide much-needed relief to our already strained defense budget.”
As Breitbart News has reported, Ryan’s and Murray’s budget deal does not reduce the deficit. In fact, the deal raises the deficit by at least $15.5 billion because of a series of gimmicks that Ryan and Murray employed in the accounting of the deal — namely, double counting of savings like the tactic which was employed in Obamacare, and the failure to include an estimate of the interest on the borrowed money for the first couple of years of increased spending. These are only a few among a series of other misleading statements Ryan has made about the deal.
The rest of the dynamic duo subterfuge and silliness can be found as the above article continues from the link just below:
- Murray-Ryan Budget Smells Like Austerity (Photo credit: DonkeyHotey)
- Sen. Patty Murray: Cuts to Disabled Veterans in Budget a Mistake
- Sen. Patty Murray: After Getting Caught, Says Cuts to Disabled Veterans in Budget a Mistake
- Veterans Rip Paul Ryan over Budget’s Military Pension Cuts
- How Patty Murray sold Democrats on the budget deal
- Daines introduces legislation to restore veterans’ retirement payments
- Budget deal author Sen. Patty Murray vows to fix a ‘technical error’ in the bill
- Patty Murray Continues To Run From Her Own Budget Deal
- See Who Voted for the Ryan-Murray Spending Increase Budget
- The Ryan-Murray Budget Deal Shows Both Parties Want More Spending
- Paul Ryan Doubles Down on Cutting Veteran Pensions