The New Mexico Business Coalition (NMBC) will be in Santa Fe throughout the Legislative session. We will be providing our popular Heroes and Zeroes report to keep you current on elected officials’ actions and legislation. The report will highlight HEROES who do the right thing to help this state as well as the legislation that hurts the economy, our children and does ZERO good for New Mexicans. With the ZEROES report, we will let you know who is sponsoring the bad legislation and who is supporting it.
1) Any attempt to further raid any permanent fund for any reason;
2) Any attempt to legislate through Constitutional Amendments on anything that is not a Constitutional issue. This includes, but is not limited to, minimum wage, drug use, etc.
3) Picking winners and losers through tax concessions.
4) Either the House or the Senate bypassing the committee process and pulling legislation to the floor without due process.
1) Creating an economically viable environment for all businesses to thrive which includes: a) Reasonable tax structure and regulation; b) reduced paperwork and bureaucracy; and c) the necessary infrastructure for operations.
2) Correcting the licensing issue for undocumented persons;
3) Improving our educational system to enrich our future work force.
A JOBS CREATED or KILLED Report Card will be published statewide at the end of the session.
To start off with in 2014, here are a few ZEROES:
President Obama considering an Executive Order on Minimum wage: Usurping his power again to bypass Congress.