By Chuck Ring (GadaboutBlogalot ©2009 – 2011)
Quote Freely From The Article – Leave The Pseudonym Alone
I don’t imbibe, so I won’t drink it. I drive, but I won’t use it in my vehicle. It’s too expensive, so I can’t forget it. I’m talking about ethanol again and it isn’t a friend of mine anymore than it was the last time I posted on the subject.
ReasonTV has a video about the stuff and its real cost to the United States and hungry people around the world, so I thought I would avail myself of their generosity in offering their great presentation to the few readers of my blog.
Remember, this is the same ethanol that was to help save the world and the folks living on it. Also remember, that it was our friend Al Gore, the fellow who now says that warm is cold and cold is hot, who also said that Ethanol would be one of our saviors from dependence on foreign oil. The Mr. Gore who recently admitted that his reason for saying so, was to impress the folks in the corn-growing part of our farm belt, that he would make sure the farmers and refiners would get their subsidies if they agreed to grow and refine ethanol. Surprised? Me neither, nor should we be so.
I trust you’ll watch the video just below and then you’ll follow any links you find toward the bottom of this article. Thanks to ReasonTV and all the fine folks who work for and with them.
Vodpod videos no longer available.
- Finally A Gore We Can Believe In – Somewhat (gadabout-blogalot.com)
- “Gore: corn-ethanol subsidy “not a good policy”” and related posts (qando.net)
- “E15 means more ethanol trouble” and related posts (marathonpundit.blogspot.com)
- Left and Right: Down With Ethanol Subsidies (blogs.wsj.com)
- “Egyptâ€™s Ethanol Revolution: Bad US Policy Driving Up Worldwide Food Prices” and related posts (biodieselinvesting.com)