According to an article on or in The Washington Times, almost without “warning”.Warren Buffet stands to dine at the table set for him by Obama and his State Department’s lack of support for thousands of jobs in the USA. The Keystone XL pipeline, once to be built from Canada to Houston, Texas has been left exposed to the millionaires among environmentalists, green people and assorted other opponents to real job creation in this country.
Warren Buffett, whom President Obama likes to cite as a fair-minded billionaire while arguing for higher taxes on the wealthy, stands to benefit from the president’s decision to reject the Keystone XL oil pipeline permit.
Obama’s rejection of the pipeline comes three years after the initial application was made to construct the pipeline and just when it amounts to political expediency and a thumbing of the nose toward energy independence for this country:
“Whatever people bring to us, we’re ready to haul,” Krista York-Wooley, a spokeswoman for Burlington Northern, a unit of Buffett’s Omaha, Neb.-based Berkshire Hathaway Inc., told Bloomberg News. If Keystone XL “doesn’t happen, we’re here to haul,” she said.
The Obama administration rejected TransCanada’s request for a permit on Jan. 18, saying there was not enough time to review the proposal by Feb. 21, the deadline imposed by congressional Republicans eager to see the pipeline built. The decision came from the State Department, although Mr. Obama said he agreed with it.
If completed, the $7 billion Keystone XL would deliver 700,000 barrels a day of crude from oil sands in Canada to Texas refineries on the coast of the Gulf of Mexico. It would traverse about 1,600 miles.
Republicans, labor unions and even some Democrats have criticized the administration’s rejection of the pipeline permit, saying it would create up to 20,000 jobs. Critics accuse the president of buckling to pressure from environmentalists who oppose the project and are important to Mr. Obama’s re-election effort.
What was that about transparency? Obama has consistently spouted transparency, has he not? In addition to Buffet’s buffet and other railroad’s largesse, do you think there might be investors in renewables walking this project to the gallows? Yep, me too.
- Censored!!! How Obama’s crony Warren Buffett benefits from nixing of Keystone pipeline (fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com)
- Obama Cronies Big Winners In Blocking Keystone XL Pipeline (5440fight.com)
- Buffett in Thick of Political Controversy (thestreet.com)
- Warren Buffett cleans up after Keystone XL – Cronyism Perchance?!? (lettingfreedomring.com)
- The man who crushed the Keystone XL pipeline – Boston.com (gogreennation.org)
- Crony capitalism + ecomentalism = Win-win for POTUS (professorbainbridge.com)
- Keystone XL Pipeline Seen Moving Ahead on Alternative Route (energyindependenceforstates.com)